Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Head of Occupational Health Europe (m/f/d)
Frankfurt am Main
The purpose of the position is to supervise the occupational medicine in all Sanofi sites based in Europe (except France) and to provide strategic direction to improve the occupational health programs.
- Identification of the occupational health needs regarding health promotion, prevention and risk assessment including psycho-social risks
- Coordination of the occupational health programs according to local laws and regulations and to the Sanofi HSE policies and requirements, including mainly medical surveillance, occupational injury and disease prevention, disability management, travel Health protection, toxicovigilance, emergency medical response and pandemic preparation plan
- Coordination of the wellbeing and health promotion programs (Take Care & BeWel!)
- Leading the Occupational Health network (occupational physicians, nurses) and sharing of good practices between doctors, nurses, hygienists, toxicologists: technical consensus on common standards for monitoring employees according to risks, preparation and revision of good practice guides in the health fields, computerized medical files etc.
The responsibilities require a strong local expertise to assure, facilitate and coordinate the management of the regional occupational services and to represent this sensitive function to the employees, the public and the regulating authorities as needed.
As professional expert to the assigned business, this role requires skills to work in a matrix organization as a key person to implement sanofi occupational health programs at site, to coordinate these activities across the regional network, to work closely with HR and the HSE organization to combine the approaches to improve health condition at the workplace and to contribute to the definition and assessment of the health programs with the corporate Occupational Health Team and Key Medical Doctor (KMD) network.
Above site and regional level, the position holder participates on annual Occupational Health meetings organized by the Corporate team to review and provide input in health related documents and programs and serves as auditor in their discipline on request.
- Completed medical studies, licence to practise medicine
- Specialist in occupational medicine
- Qualification in travel and vaccination medicine
- Five years of specialized practice as a recognized occupational physician
- Knowledge of industrial hygiene and toxicology
- Knowledge in the field of mental stress, e.g. certificate in basic psychosomatic care
- Knowledge of regional occupational health and safety regulations
- Fluent in German and English, good knowledge of French language is a plus
- An international work environment, in which you can develop your talent and realize ideas and innovations within a competent team.
- An attractive, market-oriented salary aligned with your qualifications and including social benefits above average (e.g. company pension plans, health management).
- An individual and well-structured introduction and training of new employees.
- You can create your own career path within Sanofi. Your professional and personal development will be supported purposefully.
- As a globally successful and constantly growing company, Sanofi provides international career paths as well. #LI-GSA